Monday, May 23, 2011

Worth it.

Planned and implemented campout for 80 kids and their families this weekend. Had help, lots of it, but it caused a fair amount of stress and complaining from yours truly. At the end of it all, I was exhausted and beat down.

Until. On the way home, my two children who went with me called Sarge and told him all about it. Their glowing reviews and tales of fun and games made my aggravation all go away.

Time and time again, discussions happen amongst adults who have to herd other adults in this scouting world about how much work the adults make things. If it were only kids, things would be so much more fun. And so, I remind myself, as I get closer and closer to the Big Camp coming up, that once the kids get there and I get to stop dealing with all the adults, that the fun will begin. The smiles on their faces and their memories made will make all the frustration melt away.

I am really looking forward to that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found that often I cause myself to get frustrated because I think everything needs to be just so!

I've also come to see that the most important thing is to be young at heart and give the best that you have with laughter, hugs, and encouragement.

Adults are not enitrely resistant to this, and the children ,I find ,will love you forever!

What fun your Cub Scout Campers have to look forward to in the next few weeks of camp!!

Yes, you're right, It's worth it!!! It is worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

I've found that often I cause myself to get frustrated because I think everything needs to be just so!

I've also come to see that the most important thing is to be young at heart and give the best that you have with laughter, hugs, and encouragement.

Adults are not enitrely resistant to this, and the children ,I find ,will love you forever!

What fun your Cub Scout Campers have to look forward to in the next few weeks of camp!!

Yes, you're right, It's worth it!!! It is worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

I've found that often I cause myself to get frustrated because I think everything needs to be just so!

I've also come to see that the most important thing is to be young at heart and give the best that you have with laughter, hugs, and encouragement.

Adults are not enitrely resistant to this, and the children ,I find ,will love you forever!

What fun your Cub Scout Campers have to look forward to in the next few weeks of camp!!

Yes, you're right, It's worth it!!! It is worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

I've found that often I cause myself to get frustrated because I think everything needs to be just so!

I've also come to see that the most important thing is to be young at heart and give the best that you have with laughter, hugs, and encouragement.

Adults are not enitrely resistant to this, and the children ,I find ,will love you forever!

What fun your Cub Scout Campers have to look forward to in the next few weeks of camp!!

Yes, you're right, It's worth it!!! It is worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry this printed so many times!!